Spaghetti squash is pretty high up there on my list of favorite foods. It’s incredibly filling and fairly low in calories. And while it doesn’t carry a ton of flavor on its own, it picks up other flavors (like spices or sauces) very well – making it extremely versatile.
There are a lot of healthy spaghetti squash recipes you can make. Most of the time, I find people default to a marinara topping the first time they try out spaghetti squash. It’s a great option because tomato sauce pairs quite nicely! And I’ve got a few marinara based recipes for ya below.
But there are so many other healthy spaghetti squash recipes you can try! I rounded up my favorites from fellow dietitians (and a few from right here on the blog) to share with you today. From pad thai to chickpea curry to enchiladas, you can find different ways to use this amazing winter squash. I’m confident you’ll find at least one new recipe to love! 🙂
15 Healthy Spaghetti Squash Recipes
1. Cheeseburger Spaghetti Squash Casserole from Homemade Nutrition
Amber describes this as a dietitian’s version of hamburger helper, and I totally agree. It’s got that cozy comfort food feel to it yet it’s still pretty good for you!
2. Chickpea Kale Curry with Spaghetti Squash from Desi-licious RD
Any dish that uses garam masala is a winner in my book. This looks absolutely fabulous!
3. Vegetarian Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai from Sinful Nutrition
If there is one dish I could eat pretty much every day, it would be pad thai. I love that this recipe uses spaghetti squash rather than traditional rice noodles to change things up and make it a more veggie-packed dish.
4. Spaghetti Squash Taco Boats from Snacking in Sneakers
Spaghetti squash taco boats are tasty, nutritious, and perfect for a family dinner! Instead of using shells for your tacos, you simply add the meat and homemade salsa on top of roasted spaghetti squash.
5. Three Cheese Spaghetti Squash Lasagna from Smart Nutrition
It’s veggie-rich, protein packed, and it’s got three cheeses. What more could you ask for?!
6. Pizza Stuffed Spaghetti Squash from Hungry Hobby
Six ingredients give you a classic pepperoni pizza taste in a much healthier way!
7. Low Carb Spicy Peanut Pad Thai from To Live & Diet in LA
My favorite line from Whitney’s recipe post: “A Sumo Wrestler-sized portion of my Pad Thai is only 420 calories.” I’m all about BIG dishes with BIG flavor for FEW calories!
8. BBQ Chicken Spaghetti Squash Boats from Snacking in Sneakers
These BBQ chicken spaghetti squash bowls are a perfect way to combine your love of BBQ with a veggie rich dish. Plus, only 500 calories for a gigantic bowl!
9. Southwestern Style Stuffed Spaghetti Squash from Your Choice Nutrition
Tomatoes, black beans, chiles and seasonings give a southwestern spin to spaghetti squash! I love the option of garnishing with some fresh avocado.
10. Grain Free Spaghetti Pie from The Real Food Dietitians
This warm, hearty dinner is family-friendly and made in my favorite new cooking tool – a cast iron skillet.
11. Chicken Sausage and Pesto Stuffed Spaghetti Squash from Fresh Food Bites
This dish requires less than 10 ingredients, but packs in serious flavor. I mean, that parmesan bread crumb topping? Serious YUM.
12. Vegetarian Enchilada Spaghetti Squash Boats from Kara Lydon
Homemade enchilada sauce is easier than you’d think! It really elevates these vegetarian enchilada boats.
13. Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Spaghetti Squash from The Nutritionist Reviews
This recipe uses a slow cooker for the chicken and a microwave for the spaghetti squash, really cutting down on the active cooking time! The few minutes in the oven at the end is totally worth it for that melty cheese though. 😉
14. Crockpot Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs from Snacking in Sneakers
I love that combining the squash, meatballs, and sauce all in the crockpot so that everything cooks together at once!
15. Roasted Spaghetti Squash with 15 Minute Marinara from Byte Sized Nutrition
My favorite part about this dish is the simplicity – the focus is on the easy marinara to top the squash. Sometimes, simple can be very tasty.
But wait…there’s more! (Infomercial, anyone?) Here are a few bonus healthy spaghetti squash recipes that I know you’ll also love to try…
- Protein Punch Marinara Spaghetti Squash from Amy Gorin Nutrition
- Pesto Parmesan Spaghetti Squash from Amy Gorin Nutrition
- Spaghetti Squash Boats with Chicken Marinara from Euphoria Nutrition
- Creamy Enchilada Casserole with Spaghetti Squash from Smart Nutrition
- Spaghetti Squash Meatball Parmigiana from Triad to Wellness
- Spaghetti Squash Noodles with Lentil Bolognese from Nutrition by Nazima
- Taco Topped Spaghetti Squash Bowls from Meal Makeover Moms
Share with me: What’s your favorite healthy spaghetti squash recipe? Which recipe from this list would you love to try?