Ever since my press trip to the cranberry bogs, I’ve had those tart little beauties at the forefront of my mind. I experienced so many delicious ways to eat them on that trip (think cranberry grilled cheese and cranberry aiolis – yum!). I rounded up 10 clever uses in this article on The Daily Meal.
But I wanted to pull together more recipes for additional cranberry cooking inspiration, so I reached out to fellow dietitians and had them send me their best cranberry recipes. From appetizers to sauces to desserts, you’ve got the whole gamut here.
While many of these recipes are great for the holidays, don’t be fooled – many of these are perfect for year-round use. You can buy fresh cranberries now and freeze ‘em to use later on.
Whipping up delicious culinary creations with cranberries isn’t just for taste’s sake either. Cranberries are rich in antioxidants and low in sugar. Plus, several studies have shown cranberry juice and/or fresh cranberries may be effective against recurrent urinary tract infections in women.
Check out these 30 recipes and let me know which ones you can’t wait to make![Tweet “Got cranberries? Try one of these 30 tasty recipes! Great for holidays -or any time of year!”]
Disclosure: I went on a press trip sponsored by Ocean Spray in October but do not have an ongoing business relationship. I received no compensation for writing this article.
Fresh Cranberry Recipes:
1. Spiced Cranberry Mule from Lively Table
If you’re a fan of a Moscow mule, you’ve gotta try this cranberry version. Fresh cranberries are muddled at the bottom to add tart flavor and Vitamin C to this creative cocktail.
2. Healthy Cranberry Sauce from Snacking in Sneakers
I don’t want to toot my own horn, but – toot toot! I love this healthy cranberry sauce to top the Thanksgiving turkey, but also for spreading on chicken meatballs or mixing up with apples to make a cran-apple crisp.
3. Orange Cranberry Tart from Live Best
I’m dying to make this. As soon as Judy, the dietitian behind Live Best, sent it over to me – I was drooling. The crust is made from walnuts and cornflakes while the “pie filling” is made from egg and yogurt. IT IS PIE FOR BREAKFAST. That is all.
4. Cranberry Ginger Relish from Nutrition Starring YOU
This no-bake relish is sweetened with stevia and can be used to top greek yogurt, cottage cheese, pancakes or waffles! The ginger adds an extra pop of flavor.
5. Cranberry Lime Frozen Greek Yogurt from Nourished Simply
Wondering what to do with leftover homemade cranberry sauce? Combine it with lime, honey & greek yogurt to make an incredibly tasty frozen yogurt treat.
6. Naturally Sweet Cranberry Apple Compote from Bite of Health Nutrition
Another health version of cranberry sauce, sweetened with apples!
7. Cranberry Compote with Whole Grain Waffles from Nutrition Starring YOU
Store bought whole grain waffles are elevated with a cottage cheese and cranberry compote topping! How pretty is this for a winter breakfast?!
8. Cranberry Orange Fruit Smoothie from Healthy Ideas Place
Buy extra of those fresh cranberries now, and freeze them to use in smoothies the next few months. This cranberry orange smoothie is just 5 ingredients and tastes delicious.
9. Cranberry and Apple Baked Brie from My Cape Cod Kitchen
If you have a party to go to – or one that you’re hosting – this makes a lovely appetizer for fellow guests!
10. Spiced Cheesecake with Roasted Cranberries from My Cape Cod Kitchen
The cranberry topping for this cheesecake involves roasting cranberries in the oven with apple cider and a cinnamon stick. Can we talk about just how amazing the house must smell when this is being made?!
11. Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Delicata Squash, and Cranberries with Balsamic Syrup from Craving Something Healthy
Delicata squash is one of my all-time favorite side dish options – it’s such a delicious, sweet squash. I can’t wait to try this version with brussels and cranberries!
12. Cranberry Corn Muffins from The Lean Green Bean
I love corn muffins and I love cranberry breads, so it only seems natural that I would love these cranberry corn muffins.
13. Mini Turkey Meatballs with Curried Cranberry Sauce from Craving Something Healthy
My family makes something similar to these for holiday appetizers, but I’ve never thought to do a curried version. Sounds fabulous!
14. Cranberry Sauce Cream Cheese Dip with Candied Pecans from The Every Kitchen
Another awesome party recipe, or a great dip for snacking earlier in the day on Thanksgiving.
15. Candied Cranberries from No Nonsense Nutritionist
Cranberries sprinkled with gelatin and a little sugar, then dried for several hours at low heat? I’m so intrigued by this recipe!
Cranberry Orange Breads, oh my!
Apparently, RDs love cranberry orange breads. I won’t describe each one of these, but for your viewing and eating pleasure, here are several you can try:
16. Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Bread from Lively Table
17. Cranberry Orange Bread from Krolls Korner
18. Whole Grain Orange Cranberry Bread from RDelicious Kitchen
19. Cranberry Orange Bread from Nutritioulicious
20. Cranberry Orange Muffins from Nourished Simply
21. Blood Orange Cranberry Muffins from Bite of Health Nutrition
Dried Cranberry Recipes:
22. Quinoa, Cranberry & Almond Salad from The Foodie RD
Fresh herbs like mint and parsley add extra flavor to this tasty quinoa salad.
23. Cranberry Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from Nourished Simply
I am admittedly a cookie connoisseur. Fresh baked cookies are my favorite dessert and I love experimenting with new recipes. I can’t wait to make this version, with dried cranberries, white chocolate and oats!
24. Cranberry White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies from Dishing Out Health
Another take on cranberry cookies! I think I need to have a cookie bake off between both this version and the one I mentioned earlier.
25. Butternut Squash, Kale and Cranberry Rice from The Nutritionist Reviews
Butternut squash and dried cranberries in a rice dish? Well hello there, it’s fall in a bowl!
26. Cranberry Apricot Chicken from Krolls Korner
Dried cranberries and dry apircots are combined with flavorful liquids to both cook and top your chicken breast.
27. Coconut Pineapple Cranberry Rice Pudding from Kelly’s Knack for Cooking
I’ve never actually had rice pudding before. But this version with coconut milk and dried pineapple and cranberries totally makes me want to try.
28. Cranberry Almond Biscotti from Food, Pleasure & Health
Looking at this recipe just reminds me of the holiday season – those dried cranberries and white chocolate drizzle are so festive!
29. Cranberry Scones with Coconut Vanilla Drizzle from The Nutritionist Reviews
Protein powder fans, I know you’ll love the fact that the coconut vanilla drizzle on this is made with protein powder and coconut milk yogurt!
30. Mini Chocolate Cranberry Pumpkin Loaves from Hungry Hobby
I know a lot of cranberry dessert options aren’t necessarily gluten free, but this bread is! It’s also paleo-friendly.
Share with me: What’s your favorite way to use cranberries? Which of these cranberry recipes are you dying to make this season?
- Everything you need to know to do your first triathlon! - April 9, 2021
- Ground Pork Stir Fry with Mushrooms and Green Beans - April 6, 2021
- Easy Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks - April 6, 2021