Stuffed Chocolate and Strawberry French Toast
This chocolate strawberry French toast is sure to be the hit of your house for a tasty breakfast! Bonus: you can have this on the table in just 15 minutes.
- 1 egg (use full egg white and half yolk)
- 1/4 cup 1% milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Lantana Strawberry Hummus
- 2 slices higher protein whole grain bread
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- ½ tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
Add the egg whites to a bowl, then add the yolk to another bowl. Whisk the egg yolk, and add about half of the yolk to the bowl with the whites. Discard the other half of the yolk.
Whisk your egg mixture along with the milk and cinnamon. Set aside for a moment.
Spread the strawberry hummus on one piece of your bread. Top with the chocolate chips. Place the other piece of bread on top and press together.
Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Dip the stuffed French toast into the egg and milk mixture, and add to the pan.
Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crisp on both sides. Place on a plate and top with pure maple syrup. Enjoy!
Nutrition facts (approximate):
500 calories, 17.5 g fat, 7.5 g sat fat, 500 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 12.5 g fiber, 27.5 g sugar, 20 g protein, Vitamin A: 11%, Vitamin C: 0%, Calcium: 16%, Iron: 27%
- You can skip the step on dividing the egg if you want; it simple reduces the protein by a small amount and adds a few extra calories.
- I recommend looking for bread with at least 5 grams of protein per slice.
- If you want to make two servings, just double the recipe.