Need a delicious salad dressing that adds a fruity punch to your greens? Try this incredibly easy mango salad dressing! It’s fruity, creamy, a little sweet, and really just the perfect addition to your salad recipes.
How to Make Mango Salad Dressing
If you’ve never made a homemade salad dressing before, they’re actually quite easy to make. At its core for a vinaigrette-style dressing, you’re using a blend of oil and vinegar – along with the spices, seasonings, and sweetener of your choice.
In this case with the mango salad dressing, it follows those same principles but of course with the addition of mango. Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
- Lime juice
That’s it – six ingredients total and you can put together this flavorful dressing. All you need to do is add those ingredients to a blender (regular or immersion works fine) and mix it up until it’s well combined and creamy.
Ways to mix up the flavor
The basic recipe is simple and flavorful on its own. Of course, you can make many variations depending on your preferences:
- Spicy – add jalapeno, cayenne, or crushed red pepper
- Herbaceous – add cilantro
- Citrusy – add lime zest, lemon zest, or orange zest
- Seasoned – add garlic, cumin, or chili powder
If you have other flavor combo ideas, I’d love to hear them in the comments!
How long does homemade dressing last?
Because there is fresh fruit in here, I recommend using the dressing within five days. You can store it in the fridge in a mason jar during that time.
I know that sounds quick, but the recipe makes about eight servings of 2 tablespoons each – which means if you serve it up as dressing for a dinner salad one night for your family, you’ll use at least half the day you make it!
If you’re worried about using up that amount in time, you can always cut the recipe in half.
What to Serve This Mango Salad Dressing On
My kale mango salad is by far my favorite recipe to use this dressing with – I love the double dose of mango. In the recipe video down at the bottom, you’ll see how I make this dressing in combination with that salad.
If you want to try it on something else, here are a few ideas:
- Strawberry Spinach Salad – Is there any more classic fruit & green combo than strawberries and spinach? Instead of using the vinaigrette in the recipe, you can switch things up with this dressing.
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa – Salad dressing on a taco? Yes! The tangy mango dressing will work well drizzled over these tasty fish tacos, adding an additional punch of flavor to each bite. You can use it in addition to the mango salsa, or you can sub it out for that if you don’t have time to make both.
- Fruity Grilled Shrimp Salad – This salad combines leafy greens with cooked shrimp, fresh fruit, and goat cheese – yum! If you’re not a goat cheese fan like me, feta works as a great substitute. Rather than the strawberry poppy seed dressing called for in the recipe, try this with the mango salad dressing!
- Carnitas Salad – I love this big ‘ol salad packed with pork, greens, red onions, corn, beans – I mean, this is one filling salad. Try swapping out the salsa verde dressing in the recipe for this dressing instead.
- Red Cabbage Mexican Slaw – This recipe is already packed with flavor, thanks to the cabbage, cashews, pomegranate, and other delicious ingredients. As written, it uses lime juice and mayo to coat the slaw. But if you didn’t want to use mayo, you could skip that and toss in this mango dressing.
- Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork – Whip up this pork and then use it to make a taco or pulled pork bowl. Add your typical accompaniments – cabbage slaw, avocado, etc – and then top it all off with mango dressing.
I hope you love this homemade salad dressing! If you get a chance to try it, don’t hesitate to leave a comment and let me know what you thought.
Mango Salad Dressing
- 1 cup mango, chopped
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lime, juiced
- Combine all ingredients for dressing in a blender. Blend well and enjoy on the salad (or other recipe) of your choice!