Who’s looking for an amazing cycling event to add to their schedule this year? Farm to Fork Fitness Adventures are a fantastic ride series, connecting riding your bike with local farm-fresh eats. Read on to find out details about the schedule, and score a promo code (at the bottom of the post) for an adventure of your choosing!
Disclosure: In past years, I have partnered with Farm to Fork Fitness Adventures to promote events. As always, all opinions are my own.
Why Participate in a Farm to Fork Adventure?
With a tagline of “A farm fresh adventure for the fit foodie”, you know that you’ll love these events if you are a fan of cycling and food. Here are just a few highlights on why you should consider signing up for an adventure:
- Endurance event for any level – With rides as short as 10 miles and longer events going up to 85(ish) miles, you can rest assured that you can find a ride that fits your current fitness level.
- Beautiful destinations – You can find an option locally – or plan a vacation. On their routes, you’ll find beautiful pastoral landscapes and rural country roads.
- Connect with local agriculture – Farmers are such an important part of our food supply, and I love that this event helps connect consumers with those local farms.
When Farm to Fork started several years back, it was a small series of four fondo destinations. They’ve expanded incredibly since then! Here are the different adventure formats…
In past years, I’ve participated in these and they are incredible! A fondo is an organized cycling ride, and in this case you can choose from four distances. Along the way there are stops at local farms for fresh snacks.
Here are the distances you can choose from:
- Gran Fondo – 65-80 miles with 4 farm stops & picnic lunch
- Medio Fondo – 40-55 miles with 3 farm stops & picnic lunch
- Piccolo Fondo – 25-35 miles with 2 farm stops & picnic lunch
- Ramble Ride – 8-12 miles with 1 farm stop & picnic lunch
This year, there is only one fondo event (and it’s the final iteration!) located in Vermont.
Self-Guided Bike Tours
Prefer riding without the crowds? A self-guided bike tour allows you to experience the beauty of the region in a low-key way.
Each self-guided bike tour includes a digital itinerary with route maps and suggested farms and eateries along the way.
These feature three days with a knowledgeable guide that will take you on amazing routes, multiple on-farm experiences, local bites, and more! Events this year include locations in Vermont, Massachusetts, and Maine.
Note that lodging isn’t included in the weekend getaway rate, but you can find a variety of local lodging options in each destination to meet your needs.
Farm to Fork Fondo Promo Code!
To give you even more reason to sign up, I’ve got a special promo code just for my readers! You can use code SNACKING20 to score 20% off any adventure. Go ahead and browse the Farm to Fork adventures site, pick a ride, and let’s get out there.
Share: Which Farm to Fork Adventure would you like to do?
PS – Feel free to pin this post to share with others!