One of my Couch Potato to 5K groups recently asked me for suggestions for slogans or sayings to go on a running t-shirt. There were a few that I thought of off the top of my head, but when I started browsing for more I found a ton of awesome ideas. Here were some of my favorite running slogans and quotes – which would you put on your running t-shirt??
- Focus, breathe, believe
- Strive for progress, not perfection
- “The five S’s of sports training are: Stamina, Speed, Strength, Skill and Spirit; but the greatest of these is Spirit.”
- “Run the first part with your head, the middle part with your personality, and the last part with your heart.”
- “_______ (company/team name): Where the weak become strong, and the strong become champions”
Motivating you to push harder:
- The pride you gain is worth the pain.
- “I do what you won’t today so I do what you can’t tomorrow”
- Champions train, losers complain.
- Run for fun – race for place.
- Train insane or remain the same.
- PR or ER
- My sport is your sport’s punishment
- I bust mine to kick yours.
- Suck it up, buttercup.
- Death before DNF.
Funny (and a few mildly inappropriate, haha):
- I train with Kenyans.
- Run like there’s a hot guy in front of you and a creepy guy behind you.
- On the back: Thanks. I’ve Never Passed Anyone Before.
- Slow runners make fast runners look good. You’re welcome.
- I’m the fast girl your mother warned you about.
- The Surgeon General says it’s okay to smoke your competition.
- Carbs 4 Life.
- Everything you need to know to do your first triathlon! - April 9, 2021
- Ground Pork Stir Fry with Mushrooms and Green Beans - April 6, 2021
- Easy Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks - April 6, 2021