Who else loves loading up their playlist with fun music for your runs? I find that with running in particular, the tunes are really helpful for motivating me to move just a little faster or just a little longer. When that fun song comes on, it gives you the extra kick in the pants you need to pick up the pace.
This 90’s running playlist has been a favorite lately. Who doesn’t want some good throwbacks while you’re pounding the pavement?
I also may actually struggle not to be like that person from the Planet Fitness commercials that sings along out loud to my music. So as not to annoy others if I’m at the gym on the treadmill, I find myself silently mouthing the words to everything if I’m at the gym. Which probably makes me look like a crazy person, but hey – whatever keeps you going, right?
Hope you enjoy these 20 classic 90’s hits.
90’s Music Running Playlist
1. Third Eye Blind – How’s It Gonna Be (1997)
2. Coolio – Fantastic Voyage (1994)
3. Destiny’s Child – Bugaboo (1999)
4. 69 Boyz – Tootsie Roll (1994)
5. Salt N Pepa – Whatta Man (1993)
6. Blackstreet – No Diggity (1996)
7. Kriss Kross – Jump (1992)
8. DJ Kool – Let Me Clear My Throat (1996)
9. NSYNC – Bye Bye Bye (OK, technically 2000 but including it in here anyway!)
10. Barenaked Ladies – One Week (1998)
11. Ginuwine – Pony (1996)
12. Boyz II Men – Motownphilly (1991)
13. MC Hammer – U Can’t Touch This (1990)
14. Montell Jordan – This Is How We Do It (1995)
15. LL Cool J – Mama Said Knock You Out (1990)
16. Nirvana – Smells Like Teen Spirit (1991)
17. Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch – Good Vibrations (1991)
18. Tag Team – Whoomp! There It Is (1993)
19. Sir Mix-a-Lot – Baby Got Back (1992)
20. Sisqo – Thong Song (1999)
- Healthy Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars - March 29, 2023
- The Best Gluten Free Carbs for Athletes - March 29, 2023
- 8 Week Intermediate Half Marathon Training Plan - March 23, 2023
OMGEE! This is the best. And now all of these songs will be stuck in my head all day.
Bye bye bye…bye bye!
Haha, yes! As soon as it comes on I just think of that 3 stomp dance move they do in the music video.
YES! I love this idea. What a fun way to add a little extra motivation to a run. Saving for a much needed extra kick!
Glad you liked the playlist Jenna!
Love 90s music!! I have a 90s Pandora Station and a smattering of 90s music on my iPod. I get so excited when some Backstreet Boys comes on.
I have a 90s station on Pandora too. And a Boyz II Men station on there as well which is fabulous.
Emanuele @ guyslovecooking
This post is great!!! I think I may actually have half of those on CDs, I may even burn a CD, like we used to do back in the days and go running with my CD Walkman
Kriss Kross – Jump – has got to be my favourite
Thanks for sharing and for bringing back amazing memories
Omg yes!!! CD Walkman! I love it.