When Taco Tuesday rolls around, try this delicious way to spice up your meal! This Chipotle Greek Yogurt Sauce is quick and easy to make, and it packs a lot of smoky flavor.
And while I titled this recipe for tacos, just know that you can also use it on:
- Burrito bowls
- Breakfast tostadas
Here’s a photo of what you’ll need to make this recipe, along with ingredient notes. (Note that you’ll find the specific recipe amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of this post).
- Greek yogurt – I like to use nonfat yogurt because it’s what I’ve always got on hand (SO versatile). But feel free to use full fat yogurt if you prefer the creamier, richer texture.
- Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce – You can find these canned peppers in the “international” aisle of most supermarkets, typically located near the tortillas and taco seasonings. You can also find them at ethnic markets. Pro tip: freeze the leftover peppers in small portions to use in future recipes. (And they actually are much easier and less messy to chop when frozen!)
- Seasonings – All you need is salt and garlic powder. So simple!
This recipe is seriously so simple. Ready?
Take all your ingredients and add them to a bowl.
Now just mix up all the ingredients and boom – ready to use!
Here are some common questions that may arise as you prepare this recipe:
Yes! Greek yogurt sauce can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to four days.
Sure! If you want more of a kick, add another chipotle pepper or two to the mix. You can also add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Your taco toppings will depend on the original recipe, but a few ideas include roasted potatoes, pico de gallo, chopped avocado, cilantro lime crema, salsa verde, chopped mango, and pickled red onions.
Taco Recipes to Use This Sauce On
Here are a few suggested recipes for using this sauce:
- Spicy potato soft tacos (pictured below)
- Air fryer fish tacos
- Chorizo street tacos
- Cauliflower mushroom tacos
- Crispy black bean tacos
I hope you enjoy this Chipotle Greek Yogurt Sauce as much as we do! Feel free to leave a recipe rating or comment below if you get a chance to try it.
Chipotle Greek Yogurt Sauce for Tacos
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 canned chipotle peppers, minced (from a can of chipotles in adobo)
- 1 tbsp adobo sauce from the can
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix until well combined. Use to top tacos, quesadillas, tostadas, or whatever you prefer. Enjoy!
- For the purposes of the nutrition analysis, we assume one serving is 2 tablespoons.
Feel free to pin this post to save for later!
- Greek Yogurt Macaroni Salad (Gluten Free) - May 25, 2023
- Track Interval Pace Calculator - May 23, 2023
- How Accurate is Age-Predicted Max Heart Rate? - May 12, 2023
Leave a Reply